I Add -ing to the following verbs. Make all the necessary changes.
swim have II Complete the sentences with the present continuous form of the verbs in brackets. 1. Jessica _________ (talk) to Luke.
2. A: What __________ (you/do)?
B: I ________ (write) an email.
3. Mark and Louise (not study) at the moment.
4. A: What's that terrible smell?
B: Steve ___________ (cook) pasta!
5. We ________ (have) a great time.
III Write questions and answers. example: they / study / Science at the moment? (x) English
Are they studying Science at the moment?
No, they aren't. They're studying English.
1. your sister / surf the net? (√)
2. Dylan / listen to music? (x) (play computer games)
3. you / watch / a good DVD? (√)
4. they / have breakfast? (x) (sleep)
5. she / take an exam at the moment (√)
6. your mother / work now? (x) (visit my grandparents)
IV Make positive sentences (√), negative sentences (x) or questions (?) in the present continuous. Use the verbs: play, have, make, fly, swim, read, dig, do
the children / in the garden (x)
we / to New York (√)
they / a morning paper (x)
he / in the sea (?)
we / our homework (x)
mum / breakfast for us (√)
the dog / a hole in the ground (?)
I / lunch with friends in a restaurant (√)
V Make questions so that the underlined parts of the sentences are the answers.
1. They are playing golf .
2. She is dancing with her boyfriend .
3. We are talking now.
4. My dog is eating quickly because he's hungry .
5. We are meeting at 7:00 pm .
6. We're flying to Rome .
7. She's coming on Tuesday .
8. Mary is calling Tom right now.
... zobacz całą notatkę