COUNTABLE AND UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS
Countable nouns Affirmative (+) Negative (-) Questions (?) Singular
Uncountable nouns Affirmative Negative Questions some
KATEGORIE RZECZOWNIKÓW NIEPOLICZALNYCH
- water, air, coffee, plastic, iron, paper abstract ideas:
- life, fun, freedom, health, time
- work, travel, sleep, football, help, research feelings:
- anger, honesty, hope, respect
Put a “C” for Countable and “U” for Uncountable.
Put a / an or nothing (-): I need ________ new car.
I never drink ________ coke.
Mary is ________old friend.
She is wearing ________ blue jumper.
The table is made of ________ glass.
I often listen to ________ music.
The police are looking for him with ________ dogs.
My room has got ________ really big bed.
Complete the sentences with any, some, a or an. There aren't _______ eggs on the shelf.
He have _________meat in the trolley.
There isn't ______flour left.
Does he need _________ apples?
He needs ________ pear.
Does he have to buy _____ butter? He has __________ onions. He has _________ bar of chocolate. I'm eating ______ apple. Complete with is, isn't, are, aren't. 1. There _______ some milk in the fridge.
2. There _______ any people in a garden.
3. There _______ a book on the table.
4. There _______ some books on the shelf.
5. _______ there any sugar left?
some - how much - how many - any ______ sandwiches have you got?
Is there _________ milk in the fridge?
________ eggs are there?
________ sugar do you need?
________ money do you have?
Can you see _________ fruit on the table?
_________ friends have you got?
My mother has _______ chocolate for us.